Sustainable Smart Logistics and Supply Chain
To develop sustainable Smart Logistics tool which is self optimising and self organising to identify bottle necks and uncover the maximum potential of the whole supply chain network thereby improving cost savings, increasing speed, reducing risk, and lowering carbon footprint.
The procurement of raw materials for most Vedanta Business Unit's are done through established partners in the supply chain spread across the globe. Nevertheless, due to unforeseen circumstances, there's often a delay with the sourcing and logistics of the materials and also, there's always a price discrepancy because of prevailing macro-economic conditions. This greatly increases the risk of timely completion of products and places the brand reputation at stake.
Profile of the End-User
Business Units - This is common across all Vedanta BUs
Functional Requirements of the End-User
- Leverage the untapped capability of local communities in the supply chain to be a part of regular business activity with Vedanta.
- Develop flexible sourcing and distribution strategies, including shifting to suppliers that are in near proximity to the BU's.
Functional & Operational Capabilities
- To build a single platform across the functional domains to ingest data from multiple heterogeneous applications for multitier visibility and efficiencies.
- To track, trace, and monitor shipments, detect and resolve issues, and establish trust between local communities.
- Local Communities lack basic knowledge and have skill limitations
- Distrust industry and government policy, and discouraged by negative forces in the Local Communities
Expected Tangible Benefits and Measurable Gains
- Risk reduction by integrating every link in the supply chain
- Quick transactions with full traceability between local communities as well as clients.
- Improved sustainability by limiting environmental impacts, particularly in reducing carbon impacts from shipping while uplifting local communities
Performance Metrics or Outcomes
- Increase in supplies by local communities
- Reduced cost of logistics
- % of business/ Value of supplies by local communities