Elemental Analysis of Defective Sample
A system to perform elemental analysis of a defective sample and provide insights on the type of defects such as slag entrapment, foreign material inclusion, hard structure, holes and pores to improve the process of slag removal, additives and moulding process.
During the manufacturing process of metals, the metals are usually in the molten state and the remaining by-products or impurities settle down as slag, when the metal is cast some of the unsettled slags, air bubbles are also being cast, gets entrapped in the cast leading to defects in the final material output, when these defective samples are used in their designated applications they lead to breakage and failure. These failure samples are returned to the manufacturer by the customer, a system to analyze the chemical composition and the type of defect in the sample is required to make necessary improvements and changes in the manufacturing process.
Profile of the End-User
Quality Assurance Manager
Functional Requirements of the End-User
- Identification of chemical composition of the defective sample
- Improvements in production process of the part.
Functional & Operational Capabilities
- Identify the chemical composition of the defective sample
- Analyse type of defect for breakage or failure of part
- Suggest possible improvements in production process to avoid such defects.
- Different designs of casting for different parts
- Predefined data on such defects to train the system
- Different metal composition of parts according to required material properties.
Expected Tangible Benefits and Measurable Gains
- Improvement in the processes leading to low rejection or operational delays
Performance Metrics or Outcomes
- The ratio of number of defective parts produced to the total number of parts produced in