Intelligent Monitoring of Unsafe Environments
To create a smart device for real-time monitoring of unsafe work environments to track site conditions and health conditions of the workers.
The workers sometimes work in unsafe environments facing a number of occupational hazards such as slips and falls, electrocution, falling objects, cuts and burns, and toxic and flammable gas exposure, any of which could seriously harm the person or sometimes even kill the people involved. For instance, Black Damp (a mixture of carbon dioxide and other unbreathable gases), has been a major cause of accidents and deaths in the industry due to overexposure.
Profile of the End-User
Miners : People who work in underground mines
Functional Requirements of the End-User
- Consistently detect the presence of harmful gases at harsh environments
- Panic Button with Location tracking of the worker
- Integrate HSE dashboard with existing workflows to enable quick emergency response
Functional & Operational Capabilities
- Provide the PPM concentration of the harmful gases
- Real-time monitoring of the location of workers to enable hassle-free emergency response
- Single workspace providing safety & security along with emergency alerts
- The solution should be easy to use without any special product training required and avoid any changes to existing workflows.
- The solution should be easily retrofittable into existing equipment and should have less/easy maintenance.
Expected Tangible Benefits and Measurable Gains
- Predict & Prevent accidents while saving a lot of money by avoiding incidents that can entirely halt operations for weeks or months on end.
- Reduce the time and cost required for monitoring the environment.
- Reduce the risk of non-compliance with gas detection or other safety procedures.
Performance Metrics or Outcomes
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance
- Decreased TRIFR & LTIFR