Smart Vessel Tracking System
An automated single dashboard system with AI-enabled capabilities to derive timely decisions based on
alerts on the existing Vessel Tracking System (VTS) software used for crude oil transportation.
During the transit of crude oil in tankers, the onshore crude security teams are not able to access
real-time data in terms of position, movement etc of the vessel to enable quick data-driven
decisions. The availability of all the types of alerts/data is limited in the current VTS systems.
Currently, an outsourced VTS team is looking into management of alerts. All the alarms from the VTS
team are sent to the field team for conformation and closure, which can attribute to delays in
immediate decision making.
Profile of the End-User
The crude security team responsible for the transit of the crude shipment.
Functional Requirements of the End-User
- A safe process not involving any physical contact/touch amidst COVID-19 spread
- Providing the front desk security staff maximum situational site access control and awareness
- Eliminating reliance on unproductive manual paperwork and man power intensive workflow processes
- Accurately generate relevant and comprehensive visitor reports in real-time
- Provide administrative and operational support for emergency evacuations
Functional & Operational Capabilities
- Software integrated video wall with real time info of tracking of vehicles, alert
management and dissemination to the field team. Provide dashboard/ analysis/ reports on
one screen for better management of alerts and reports.
- Input to the system comes from a third-party vendor.
- Integration of the proposed solution with the existing vendor platform should be
- Easy to use and reduced clutter in the alerts and messages received from the vessel.
Expected Tangible Benefits and Measurable Gains
- Better management of alerts on a real-time basis.
- Complete visibility of alerts at all time.
- Reduced risk of theft/ pilferage of high-value crude.
Performance Metrics or Outcomes
- Reduction in open alerts.
- Reduction in delayed closure of alerts.
- Actionable info through dashboard and analysis reports.